A journal of amazing vintage finds and all the adventures along the way

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hong Kong Kitsch

Almost time for China..... My bags are packed, all arrangements have been made. As I am spending my last few days in the states I am dreaming about all of the amazing kitschy vintage finds waiting for me. It seems that so many of my favorite vintage finds bear the words "Made in Hong Kong" inscribed on their bottoms. I thought that it would be only fair to dedicate a posting to the amazing kitschy goodness that flowed from Hong Kong during the 60s and 70s.

When discussing kitschy toys from Hong Kong its impossible to avoid discussion of the deer. Ah, amazing kitschy deer with your big eyes! Deer line the knick knack shelves of my vintage themed kitschen and nearly all of them were  produced in Hong Kong in the 1960s.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Vintage 1960s mother and baby deer


Vintage 1960s Christmas reindeer decoration

Teeny Tiny Miniature deer, 1960s

Vintage stag collectible

Grazing plastic fawn, 1960s

Pair of Dapper Reindeer, 1960s

Miniature fawn, 60s

Large Kitschy Deer, 60s

Resting Fawn, 60s

Bambi impersonator, 60s

Standing Fawn, 60s













1 comment:

  1. Oh your deers are so sweet, how could anyone fail to love them...

    Bambi all over again.

    Have a wonderful trip to China, I hope you find loads of treasures like your deers.

    ReplyDelete